The SAPTA Working Group of the IAFCI, in conjunction with the Rocky Mountain Chapter, are presenting a one-day seminar focusing on card skimming, pulsar manipulation, and fuel theft. These crimes impact financial institutions, fuel merchants, and law enforcement. Subject matter experts from around the country will be speaking on how to identify, investigate, and mitigate these crimes.
Trail Winds Recreation Center
13495 Holly Street
Thornton, Co 80602
COMPLIMENTARY Lunch will be provided.
Register Online Here
Hilton Garden Inn, Thornton, Colorado Register at the following link to get the IAFCI discount:
8:00 AM – Registration and Continental Breakfast Part I: Card Skimming Prevention.
8:30 - 8:40 AM – Welcoming Comments
8:40 am Presentations
• Adam Colby, Director, Texas Financial Crimes Intelligence Center and Investigator Jeff Roberts of the FCIC What is skimming, pulsar manipulation, and fuel theft... and how to initiate criminal investigations pertaining to them.
• Bert Oliveira, Head of Physical Security and Investigations, Citizens Bank. Current fraud trends crossing the country.
• Jeri Crespi, Operations Manager, SC Fuels, Impact that skimming has on businesses and financial institutions.
12:00 pm – Conclusion of morning session. Lunch onsite is provided.
Part II: Law enforcement strategies to prevent skimming and live defendant case study.
1:00 PM – Presentations
• Agent Charles Beans - USSS Denver Field Office A modern day view of the skimming scene in the Greater Denver Area
• Agent Peter Brown, -GSA-OIG Atlanta, GA. Agent Brown charged a skimming suspect following a lengthy federal investigation in Miami. (when Agent Brown was with a different agency).That suspect, who was recently released from custody after serving his prison sentence, will address the attendees along with Agent Brown. Together, they will explain the circumstances that led to the charges while discussing the mindset of a skimmer maker and installer. This presentation will be captivating and informative!
4:00 PM – Networking session to be announced
Not a SAPTA member yet? If interested in joining, email email@example.com and include your name, title, company/agency, email, phone, city, and state